Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MARATHON TRAINING WEEK 3

Hola! Yep, 2 posts, 1 day. Have I lost my mind? Kidding, kidding.

Marathon Training WEEK THREE and recap of Week 2!

Saturday- 8 mile run
Sunday- Rest/Stretch/SLEEP
Monday- 3 mile run, spin class (last week at current gym- kinda sad)
Tuesday- 4 mile run (low humidity today- woooopieeee)
Wednesday- AM Strength, PM Boot camp
Thursday-3 mile run
Friday-AM Strength

*So far, training is going great! I went to the sport chiropractor that came to our clinic the other week and he was amazing! He did several tests and running analyses with me before determining that I "must have been a gymnast" (he's also a mind reader I guess) and I was deemed a "toe-runner" which directly equals shin pain- BINGO! He showed me a few tweaks to my technique that should zap the pain and so, far, so good! :) This guy's a miracle worker, I tell ya.

Each run puts me one more run closer to the marathon, and even though I'm still about 3 months out, the excitement is definitely building! I'm trying very hard to be proactive to any and all pains to make sure I stay in the best condition to fight off any sneaky injuries- icing, stretching, warming up, cooling down, etc.

I'm so ready to be at the start line...but I've got many, many miles to go! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...