Tuesday, August 16, 2011

When hard work pays off...

Okay, so I've been a bad blogger. I know, it's been a week and I haven't posted anything! But, life over at the Hinton House has been quite exciting/chaotic lately.

Last week, Cory was called in for two interviews at two different YMCAs (not the one he currently works for). Both opportunities where for promotions and we were so so thrilled, nervous, excited, wanted-to-pee-our pants (ok, so just Cory on that one).

Somewhere in between my 2nd week of Marathon Training, working, keeping Cory fed, hydrated, relaxed, ironed and un-sleep-deprived, I somehow missed blogging! I hope you'll forgive me.

The interviews went great (and by great, I mean Cory is the shizzzzz) and by Friday, Cory had a job offer! Of course big celebrations were in order- meaning, I ran to the store to buy Cory a case of beer and a cake on my lunch break- while planning a bigger party for Saturday night (obviously I couldn't help polish off the case Friday night, with an 8-miler lingering on Sat morning!!)

So, Saturday after my glorious run- literally... it was one of those rare "amazing" runs that leaves you wanting nothing more but to run and run and run...either that or I was just hit with runner's high...either way, it was a great run. BACKONTOPIC- We planned a cook-out celebration at the in-laws for Saturday night that consisted of good food, more amazing cake, great wine, and lots of congratulations to my awesome husband!

Cory and I were already getting all these crazy ideas in our heads about moving closer to the 'new' Y and buying a house, and getting a(nother) puppy, and, and ... well, apparently we were a little ahead of ourselves.

Monday morning, Cory went in to work to tell his boss that he was planning to accept the position at the new Y, when he was offered a second (YES, THAT MEANS TWO) job offer at his current Y- meaning a huge promotion (even bigger than the position he had applied for at the other places), great benefits, and the most importantly- Cory was given the opportunity to have his "dream job."

After a little discussion with the Queen (me) Cory graciously accepted the Sport Director position! He is now one of the youngest Directors in the Carolinas!!!

I couldn't be more proud of my husband! He has literally worked his ASS off to get where he is now- many long hours and tough obstacles, but y'all? He is by far the most diligent human I've ever met. He's been through an awful lot but has not let anything stop him. He has this fight in him that nobody can falter and is a prime example that hard work really can PAY OFF! Watch out, America! We've got an ambitious one on our hands! :) I'm so glad I have the privilege to go through this huge step in his career with him, and know that only great things are ahead!

Congratulations Cory, I'm SO proud of you!!!! :) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...