Monday, August 22, 2011

Mini-Vacay

Hey Friends! I hope you all had a great weekend! <3
I had a nice and relaxing mini-vacation in Raleigh this weekend- me and Jen left Friday afternoon to visit with family we hadn’t seen in awhile!
We arrived late Friday night and stayed with my grandparents in their new “retirement” home. Ya’ll. This place was no retirement home. It was more like a resort- seriously. They have a 5-star restaurant on site, gym, pools, and every amenity you could dream of.
Oh, retirement, where are you?! ;) kidding!
Saturday morning, I forced myself up around 6am to run a quick 6 miles; the group back home did a 10k around Fort Mill, so I tried to run at race pace. Ran a few laps around the community’s lake before venturing out to the road- this place was HILLY! Good practice for the monster race in November, I guess!
After my run, I came back to eat breakfast with my sister and grandparents. Luckily my g-rents are big fans of Chobani and had a fridge full- paired with fresh fruit and coffee and I was right at home!



After breakfast we made a quick stop at my uncle and aunt’s house a few minutes away- I’d never been to the new house and had the get the tour and visit for a few minutes. Then, we met my other uncle and aunt at their house to go out on the lake for the day. Jen and I laid out, went tubing, swimming, and caught up with the fam- had a great time!



That night, we ate dinner at the amazing restaurant on-site with my grandparents before heading out for some cousin bonding time at a cute little roof top bar.
Jen and I left Raleigh Sunday morning to head back to our lonely hubbies- I sure missed Cory and the babies! Have I mentioned how amazing my husband is? By 2pm on Sunday, he’d finished all the grocery shopping, laundry, and house-cleaning. How lucky am I?
Of course, I missed my baby Rea, so Sunday afternoon we headed out to visit with Cory’s family and eat an early dinner. Reagan is growing sooo fast I can’t hardly believe it! She’s started smiling all the time, which absolutely melts my heart! She’s also quickly learned how to fake cry to get her way- she’s got everyone wrapped around her teeny finger.




This week starts week numero quatro of Marathon Training! Almost one month in, and everything's running smoothly. This week, I'm really going to focus on getting in a protein and carb with every meal and snack to get my body ready for when it screams from "runger" (after 10+ mile runs, I'm literally starving the entire day, and sometimes even the next day. Protein helps keep me full, longer). The miles are quickly adding up!

Marathon Training Week 4
Sunday- Rest Day
Monday- 3 mi run + something else... (starting a new gym today, maybe a spin class?)
Tuesday- 5 mi run
Wednesday- AM Strength Training, PM Cardio Challenge class
Thursday- 3 mi run, + another new group ex class (haven't decided yet)
Friday- AM Strength Training
Saturday- 10 mi long run

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristin! Just found your blog via Carrots N Cake. I am also a Southern healthy living blogger - in Georgia! So your blog caught my eye. Come check me out! Good luck on your marathon training - soooo ambitious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sara! Thanks for stopping by! :) Love Carrots N Cake! I'll definately check out your blog- and thanks for the good luck, I'm sure I'll need it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...