Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Award Winning Weekend

Who doesn't hate Mondays? Probably only pastors and hairdressers, ya know the ones that don't have to work. I think we should start a petition to have every Monday off... 3-day weekend? 4-day weeks? Hallelujah.

This weekend was one of those that went slowly by the day and seemed to stretch on like the ocean. Simply. Perfect.

Friday after work God decided to open up the flood gates of Heaven and give us a crazy monsoon. Despite the weather, Cory and I went home searching and had some luck! :) We think we may have found our next home! Very exciting! Too bad we can't move in til August, though. Afterwards, we headed to Mom's. Back in the day (2 months ago) Mom, Jen, and I had GNO (no, not gyno...Girls Night Out) every Friday. We'd take turns planning and it was so fun. Well, life (I mean, my crazy Saturday running schedule) got in the way of my drinking habits and I had to cut it back. Who likes to run 12 miles with a hangover? Trust me, it's not as fun as it sounds.

Anyway, we tried to bring it back this Friday, with one exception- we had a boy there (I know...so wrong). Cory was our token male and joined in on the fun (although he won't admit to liking it). Mom made some more of her Cherry Limeades, because, they're just that good. We ate a late dinner at a local restaurant and my brother-in-law, Tony couldn't resist joining in on GNO and came to eat. Cory and I got in late (for geezers) and went to bed pretty soon after.

Saturday morning came quickly. I got up at the ripe hour of 5:45 (who does that?!!) to get my self together for my morning run. I met my running friends around 6:45 for a misty 10 miles. Mist + Fog does some craaazy stuff to my hair... a bird made a nest and laid eggs in it during the run, I swear. Needless to say, I came home and showered, poured a gallon of detangler on my head and got ready for the day. Cory had the whole weekend off, which was pretty dang awesome. We headed out for some coffee and then played all day. Literally, all day. Like we were 12 years old. Probably not even 12, more like 8.



Why yes, actually, we are pros at having fun for free.

Since Cory had three days off with me, we kinda wanted to "get away" for the weekend. We contemplated going camping, but for fun decided to shack up with the rents. Saturday night, we showed up at Mom's and slept in my old room. It was fun to get away from the "norm" and even better to have her cook breakfast in the morning (the whole point, jk Mom!) We haven't spent the night anywhere but our apartment (except for weekend trips out of town) since we got married, so it was fun to go back to the Old Days. Sunday, Cory woke me up around 8am (he must have been on speed or set a secret alarm). We drank some coffee with Mom and then he left us to meet his dad for some yard work.

Mom and I went and did secret girl stuff (shopping) and then I convinced forced her to go to Pilate's with me. She did really good! Go Mom, hot stuff! It was fun, despite the evil looks we got from the die-hards while we were cracking up in the back corner.

Sunday night we had the King of all Cookouts at my In-Laws. Have I mentioned how much I love cookouts?!





We ate grilled chicken, corn on the cob, potato salad, macaroni salad, rolls and baked beans. Then things got a little crazy...


Have I mentioned how much I love my In-Laws?!
 Kidding! We did make some home-made margaritas that were awesome! We used fresh squeezed lemonade, extra lemon juice, tequila and a splash of 7-Up. Yum! :) Of course, there were some serious competitions, too!


Focus. Don't. Let. Cory. Win.

And of course, lots of belly rubbin'!


We continued our weekend extravaganza and stayed with Cory's parents Sunday night, in Cory's old room. Monday morning, I woke up a little home sick and was ready to get our normal weekend "chores" done so we could enjoy our day off. We went and grocery shopped, cleaned, had a funeral for Cory's fishes (yeah, they both died on the same day...I swear it wasn't me, and yes Cory fed them over the weekend) and then took 2 naps. You read that right, TWO. We were invited to see Pirates of the Caribbean with Cory's fam Monday night, but neither of us had seen the recent ones, so we opted to eat with the family and head back for the Bachelorette. I don't know about you, but I loooove Bentley. NOT!!!!

Have a great week! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...