Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fly-By Week

Wow, it's Thursday!? Where oh where has this week gone?? It's been a busy one, that's for sure! And I'm so looking forward to the long 3-day weekend! It's hard to believe it's almost JUNE! June is going to be insanely crazy + fun month! I have some major things coming up that I couldn't be happier about! My best friend is getting married, I'm becoming an aunt, I get to go to my favorite place on Earth, Oak Island, and I turn 24!!! Couldn't be more excited about what's to come in the next few weeks! :)

On to this week! Monday afternoon I ran a quick 2 miles and then joined my regular spin class at 6pm. After missing out on the class for a few weeks, it felt good to get back on the spin bike and work up a sweat. MAN is that class tough! I came home and took my baby girl on a walk. It is so funny how accustomed she's gotten to our complex. The first few months we lived there she was so scared to go on walks and was constantly on alert. Now? She prances her little butt around like she owns the place.




Tuesday's work day was pretty hectic and I was so glad Cory had the day off and was there waitin on me when I got home! It was so nice out that we decided to swing by our apartment pool to catch some rays and enjoy each other's company.


I'm so lucky, aren't I? <3


Afterwards we went out looking at rental homes again and grabbed a pizza to eat while we were driving around. I can't remember the last time I ate a real pizza from a pizza place- pepperoni, please!  It was deeelicious- I'd forgotten! Thanks for reminding me, hubby! :)


Wednesday morning, I went to my AM group strength training session (Workout Page was updated!) and had yet another beeeeeeesy day at work. Afterwards I went to my favorite workout of the week- Boot camp! And it kicked my butt, like normal! That is one class I can count on to leave me feeling totally exhausted and awesome at the same time!

I came home and cooked a new recipe I've had on "The List" for awhile- Meat Loaf! I'm not 100% sure WHY I wanted to make this, because I'm not a big meat fan.... hence the first word in the name of the entree... I should have thought about that. But, Cory is and making this "traditional" meal made me feel like a real, live, wife! hehe I'll post the recipe on the Recipe Page, but I'll warn you- pictures of a huge hunk of meat kind of gross me out, and these aren't the best! But even for a non-meat lover this is pretty good, and Cory really liked it!

On to the best part of the week! American Idol!!! Who watched?! Being huge country music fans, Cory and I were both really happy with the two remaining candidates. We bet on Lauren winning, but were really happy to have a fellow Carolinian take the title! We really liked Scotty a lot too, especially since he sounds just like Josh Turner- a favorite of Cory and mine (we even danced to his, "No Rush" as our First Dance!)


This morning, I made an awesome smoothie for breakfast! It was so thick and creamy and I'm already craving another one! Included in the mix:

-1/2 frozen banana
-4 large strawberries
-1/2 c almond milk
-1/2 c water
-1 scoop vanilla protein powder
-Handful of raw baby spinach
-about 10 ice cubes
-1 tsp xantham gum
-1 splenda



Yummmm!

Today's another busy day at work, but I'm looking forward to a run after work! :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...