Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Warrior

Hello friends, Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was kind of all over the place but turned out being really fun.

Friday after work, I met Mom at her house for a few drinks before heading to dinner. Mom is the Queen of summery cocktails and is always coming up with new delicious recipes! Friday she made us Cherry Limeades which included Diet Cherry Limeade soda, cherry vodka, a splash of cherry juice and a few cherries. It was DELICIOUS! These drinks get me in trouble though, because they just taste SO good! I know ingredients for this drink will be brought with us on our family vacay to Oak Island next month! :) Can't wait!!



We went to a local pub for dinner- McHales. Typically, this is more of a bar than a place to eat, but we wanted somewhere with outdoor dining since it was so nice outside! They have a great beer menu and I tried out the Paulaner Hefeweizen and really liked it! It was a light, smooth beer that started with hints of banana and clove and ended with a hoppy malt taste... ha! Who am I kidding? I have no idea how to be a "beer taster" or whatever they're called... it tasted like beer to me. Maybe one day I'll learn to appreciate it, but honestly, it just tasted like beer... good beer, but beer.


I ordered a spinach salad with grilled chicken + buffalo sauce and a side of ranch. This is my absolute favorite salad, and I always seem to crave it! After dinner I headed home to spend the evening with Cory watching our favorite show, Dateline! We can't get enough of this show and try to catch it whenever it's on. Too bad we're too poor stingy to buy Ti-Vo. Ahhh the possibilities.

Saturday morning, we were both up early to get started on the day. Cory headed to work and I headed out to meet my running friends for a quick 6 miler. We started at 7:30 and by the time we finished it was H-O-T. I'm not sure I'm ready for it to be this hot yet! We agreed to start this coming weekend at 7 to finish before the sun really got us. After my run, I ran a couple errands and headed home to shower and get ready for my sister-in-law's baby shower in Hartsville, SC. My mother-in-law and I drove up there together for the 2 o'clock shower. It was so fun, baby Reagan is already SO spoiled and has twice as many clothes as I've ever owned in my life! Too bad we can't share.


hahahaha

Page's Granny, Chad, Page, Julie, Me


After getting back in town, we joined Cory and my Father-in-Law at White Horse, a local restaurant, for dinner and awaited Rapture. After realizing we were all still alive, and the end of the world wasn't ending, we ordered. Remember how I said that thing about always craving a Buffalo Grilled Chicken Salad? Yeah, I got pretty much the exact same salad as Friday night. This one had the addition of mushrooms and a piece of garlic bread...I sure know how to branch out.

After dinner, Cory and I went home to watch Little Fockers. We liked it okay, but thought the first two were better. Of course, it was still funny and I'd recommend it to anyone that liked the first two in the series! After the movie, we watched Dateline. Again. :)



Sunday morning, I woke up around 8 and cooked Cory and me "Sunday Breakfast." This was my first time making biscuits from scratch (of course, when I say scratch, I mean Bisquick mix that only needs water) and they turned out edible! wooo hooo! This cookin thang ain't so bad! ;) We also had scrambled eggs and coffee. Unfortunately Cory had to work again (7 days this week! Poor little guy). Since he was out running around with screaming kids, sweatin in the 100 degree heat, I felt like I needed to be doing something, too. Lucky for him, that meant giving our little home a good cleaning. I'm not talking vacuuming and dusting...this girl cleaned out cabinets, scrubbed the bathtub and steam cleaned the carpets. Ahhhhh nothin' like a clean apartment! Just wonder how long it'll stay like this! :)

Afterwards, I went for a 60 min Pi-Yo Class (Pilate's + yoga combo) and then grocery shopped. As soon as Cory got off work, we headed over to the In-Laws for a cookout. I love cook outs! Every time we cook out at my In-Laws it always brings back happy memories of the day Cory proposed, which by the way, was almost 2 years ago! Time is seriously flying!

This morning, I got up at the crack of dawn for my AM strength training sesh, then had Banana Overnight Oats at my desk and some Chocolatey Special K around 10:30. For lunch I had a turkey + spinach sandwich on a sandwich thin with an apple (you guys know what these look like, thought a pic was unnecessary....okay, that's a lie...honestly I just devoured it too quickly to take a pic). I've got my favorite Kashi bar waitin' on me for an afternoon snack and then it's to the gym for a spin class! It's been too long since I've taken this class, I'm lookin forward to it!!!

This is a fantastic week for shows!! Tonight kicks off The Bachelorette + Dancing With The Stars, Tomorrow is American Idol and Biggest Loser, Wednesday is AI Finale and Thursday is the Premiere of So You Think You Can Dance!!! It's gonna be a gooooood week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...