Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Marathon Training- Week Uno

Well... we're all moved in to our new place. The verdict? We absolutely love it so far! We have SO MUCH space and everything actually has a place, which is a totally new concept to us.

Our babies seem to have adjusted pretty well, too....


What? You think I couldn't handle the move? Please.



I'll just take a quick nap...

This weekend was basically spent moving. cleaning, painting, and unpacking- and man is that a workout! :) 



Lookin gooood



Finished pictures to come soon!
 Saturday started Day 1 of Marathon Training! Words do not describe how scared I am. I have confidence in myself, but seeing those scary miles on the schedule freak me out- I'm not gonna lie. This week has pretty low mileage, but I'm going to try hard to stick with the schedule exactly, even if I feel like I can do more. I believe the running plan is there for a reason, and if I push too hard now, I'll definitely regret it later (like when I'm running 40 mpw eek!!!)

You'll probably notice a bit of a change in my weekly workouts- obviously it will incorporate more running (4-5 days per week) and less weight lifting/cross training. I'm going to really put my focus on running, so any cross training will be light- focusing on low impact cardio, upper body weights, and lots and lots of core work. Not to mention that I'm switching gyms at the end of this month (yep, I'm gonna be a Y girl!) so I can add in some yoga and swimming- pretty exciting! Also, following the running plan, my weeks now start with Saturday long runs and go Saturdays to Fridays.

This week's workout schedule:

Saturday- 5 miles
Sunday- rest day/stretch
Monday- 3 mile tempo/hills; spin
Tuesday- 2.5 miles, kickboxing
Wednesday- AM strength, PM 5 mile interval run
Thursday- 3 miles
Friday- AM strength/stretch

Weekly Mileage: 18.5


This week's quote:

"Sweat is just fat crying." 

---Thought that was hilarious! Have a great week!!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...