Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend Royalty

Heyyy everyone! I had a wonderful weekend and hope you did as well! :)

My mom has been out of town, keeping her brother's kids in Wilmington, NC so I've been dogsitting her babies while she's been gone. Of course, her babies are my baby's sister and mama, so naturally they need excessive love and attention!



They seemed to be a little love deprived this week and hadn't eaten much, so Cory and I decided to have a sleep over at mom's to keep them company. They were beyond ecstatic, leading to no sleep for me and the hubs! :(

Unfortunately, that resulted in a slight delirious AM run....



Me and runnin buddy taken by another group member

I must have been sleep running when I hit a crack in the sidewalk and busted it on the busiest road in Fort Mill. I'm sure I'm on YouTube somewhere... I hit the ground and rolled into the grass...I imagine it was quite entertaining. With skinned up legs and hands, the last 2 miles of the run were so awesome and painless.

Road Rash is hott. You didn't know?
After cleaning up my battle wounds, I did something that was so far beyond over due... went shopping! Got a few new things, some shorts (!!) since summer's almost over now and I haven't had a single pair unless you count sweet running shorts. Also a few cute dresses and accessories. yessssss
I got our weekly grocery shopping/cleaning done since me and the hubs had some pretty sweet plans for the rest of the weekend, which is foreign to us. Plans I mean (cleaning sometimes, too).

Then napped until around 5 when I got my clean on...



Shopping? Showering??? You know that's outta the norm! Where were we going, you ask? Cory and I planned our First Wedding Anniversary celebration dinner for Saturday night! We were in for quite a treat! :)



Bam!


 Oooooh yes, we did.

And we tried our very, very best to not seem like tourists while we were there... but that's a feat a little too tough for us.

They seated us in this aaaaamazing table beside the lobster tank (honestly, it was prob the best seat they had in the place) We think it was compensation for losing our reservations (we had them, I swear). Naturally I had to prove to the hostess that we had them by whipping out the iPhone to show her the email confirmation. Classy.



Lobster staring at me. Poor guy.

 All plans of acting like we knew what we were doing went out the door when Cory yelled out:
"Oh sweet, look at those CRABS!"
fail.

Dinner was out of this world good. If anyone needs a place to go to get treated like royalty and eat food that you don't want to ever end, go. there.


Sweet bar...grabbin a drank while we waited

I swear I'm not drunk

Well heyy there good lookin
King Cory

  
And the chinese Queen

 Dinner started with amazing bread that we were afraid to cut
"No sudden movements. Don't. Break. Anything."

And then salads mmmm.



Mine-
Oven-roasted double chicken breast stuffed with garlic herb cheese and served with lemon butter


Plus creamed spinach.


Cory's-
The most tender cut of corn-fed Midwestern beef topped with crispy onions and served sizzling
They forgot his "crispy onions"...the nerve.
Plus garlic mashed potatoes

Finished off with a dessert trio (no pic, sorry!) Which included Raspberry Sorbet, Chocolate Sin Cake, and Traditional Cheese Cake. They were each TO DIE for.


Sunday morning, we woke up, went to breakfast and then headed for Crowder's Mountain for the day.


Happy ONE YEAR!

 Crowder's Mountain is so beautiful and peaceful. It was the perfect place for us to talk and spend all day together. And we couldn't have asked for better weather! Naturally, we chose the "strenuous" trail to climb, and it was a work out! Had us both sweatin at the top!!




After hiking to the top and back, we ate our little romantic picnic pb&j's and then headed back for a real treat....


Anyone for some year-old wedding cake?


Cutting our cake

Y'all. This cake was the bomb. Even a year later. It was awesome! Wish we had more
... someone wanna get married? Please.

In all seriousness, this has been the best year of my life and I completely owe that to my wonderful husband. We've roughed it this past year and through all the marriage, job, home and life adjustments, Cory has done nothing but support me 110%. He's everything I could ever ask for in a husband and I can't wait to see what year 2 has in store for us. I love you Cory!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...