Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Marathons battle it out...

I have a huge dilemma.
HUGE.
Okay, I'm dramatic.


But, I need help. See, there are 2 marathons I could run in the fall (did I mention training starts July 30?! eep!!!) And I can't decide which to do!

So, being the OCD psycho I am, I made a list....


Nov. 5th

vs.

Nov. 12th


Savannah Pros
1. FLAT (162' elevation)
2. BIG race, crowd support, bands every mile
3. Good excuse for vacation
4. Beautiful scenery
5. Shae is running the half!

Thunder Road Pros
1. Close to home
2. Majority of running team is running- moral support!
3. No hotel or traveling (can get ready at home)
4. Family can come watch the race
5. Cheaper race registration


Savannah Cons
 1. Out of town; unfamiliar sleeping arrangements= added stress/less sleep
2. Won't know many people running the full
3. Cost of hotel/travel
4. No family support
5. More expensive race registration

Thunder Road Cons
1. HILLY! (1168' elevation) !!!
2. Not as big of a race/less crowd support
3. Less interesting scenery
4. HILLS
5. HILLS
6. HILLS


(I think you get my dilemma)

Help! :(


PS- My mantra


3 comments:

  1. This is my new favorite quote!!!! Love it! And of course I think you should come to SAVANNAH to ROCK N' ROLL with MEEEE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great?! Found it on pinterest.com - my newest obsession!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose Savannah, I have several friend running it and they all rave about it from the past!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...