Friday, July 1, 2011

A cure for Runner's Block

Got Runner's Block? I've got a remedy.

While I was at the beach, I decided I was definitely in some desperate need of new running shoes. I've had my Asics since around Feb. and after 2 half marathons and all the training involved, those things had had it! On the way home from the beach, Cory insisted (yes, I do love my husband very very much) that we stop at TrySports on the way home to get me some new shoes. I have gotten every single pair of running shoes from them and will probably never go anywhere else. They give you personal attention and genuinely care about fitting you correctly for your needs/wants. Like many typical running stores, they video tape you running on a tredmill and then slow down the video frame by frame to accurately measure your gate.

I slightly over-pronate and need a shoe with some stability- neutral shoe just doesn't have enough support for me. The wonderful staff asked me questions about what I liked/didn't like about my last pair, preferences for the new pair, etc. I mentioned that I constantly had problems with my right foot burning or falling asleep during long runs and they said it was most likely due to lack of circulation. The best remedy for this was going up a 1/2 size. When she brought me several pairs to try, they felt pretty big and I wasn't quite sure about the 1/2 size up. But, she assured me that while running, your feet tend to swell and told me to go outside and take a few laps around the building.

I ended up with the Mizuno Wave Inspire 7's. Holy Heaven. These things don't even need breaking in. First run in them was Monday's 3-miler. Immediate knee/shin pain relief..and no burning! What a genius. 


If you ever need a motivator to run... go buy some new shoes. It will seriously get you pumped. Like, make you sign up for 5 races and run in 98 degree 100% humidity weather.

Happy Friday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...