Wednesday, July 6, 2011

2 days late and $.50 short

Happy Belated Birthday America!!!

...just a few days late, I've been busy (lazy). Please forgive me.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! I had a very low key weekend, which was really nice after all the traveling and excitement lately.

Friday night was seriously chill (read: boring)- Cory had some car trouble Friday morning and borrowed mine, so he came and picked me up from work and then we ran a few errands, headed to Mom's for a quick dinner, then came home and just hung out. (I think. That was too many days ago...obviously it was something ground breaking.)

Saturday morning, I met my regular running friends for a hot and humid and sweaty 6 miles. We started at 7am but the dang sun was already blazing! I hate to think what August is going to look like... 5am runs?
 I think not!

After I gave my skin a real nice salt treatment, Cory and I went and ran all over town (no, not on foot). I had a few birthday gift cards to cash in, and started looking at decorating projects/ideas for our new home! I can't believe how soon we're moving!! :) I'm soo excited! No, not about carrying our 2 sofas, recliner, washer and dryer, bedroom furniture, and TV down 3 flights of stairs.... but what else are men good for?! ;) I kid I kid... (sorta).


No complaining. Could be worse.


Saturday night, Cory and I went to dinner with his parents at one of our favorite places- El Cancun! We used to have a Thursday night tradition and went every week, but things have gotten ca-razy through the summer. I got my typical boring, naked, grilled chicken fajita salad- dang that thang's good!

After dinner, I got a really terrible migraine and (seriously) went to sleep at 7pm...and slept til 7am. Woops! I think either the sun drained me or I was dehydrated. I felt so bad for Cory, but I guess he managed to find something to do without me. This one time (last week) Cory took a "nap" from 5pm to around 9pm. When he woke up (oh wait, that's right... someone accidentally pushed his arm down so it would hit the coffee table and wake him up... accidentally) I whined about how he'd "left me" all night. He still laughs about that...says I'm a five year old that can't get left alone without some type of entertainment, like jugglers and clowns.


Sunday morning, I got up in the mood to work out, even though it was my planned rest day (weird, I know). So, I headed over to our apartment gym for about 50 mins on the elliptical, split up in increments of 10 minutes. Every 10 mins, I would stop and do 1 minute of burpees- made the workout go by incredibly fast! Plus, my dang feet always fall asleep on the elliptical. Does that happen to anyone else?!

After working out, me and Cory watched the closing statements for the Casey Anthony trial that we've been following for awhile now. And BTW, I'm not even going to go there because I'm literally sick over the verdict. I guess it's ok to kill someone but not okay to lie.
Sweet.
Glad all the murderers out there now know all they have to do is just hide their victims long enough so they decompose and get a really good lying lawyer.
Okay...vent over.

Sunday afternoon, my mom and I went shopping hunting for dishes for our new place, which was going to be her bday present to me. I had seen some online that I wanted, and of course they were no where to be seen in stores. I believe we covered and recovered every home store in 18 zip codes.
The only think I bought?
Half off K-cups from Belk. Sweet deal.

On the way home, I just freaking ordered them online- what I should have done in the first place.
Wanna see em? :)
They come in today!! Seriously, Macy's in on the ball.

After shopping, we headed to my in-laws for a 4th cookout. They know me too well and already had the veggie burgers sittin out! :) That seriously doesn't mean I ate healthy, though.
The amount of chips and white bean dip alone were probably enough for 14 people to live on for 32 days. Plus the cookie cake and ice cream...ohhh cookie cake. You complete me.
Oh, and wine? Yeah, sure, I'll take a bottle.


Chug that wine, Leebs!

Cory and his dad did a fantastic job entertaining us with their fireworks and karaoke. Who needs jugglers and clowns when we got these two?


Dear Lord.......yes he's trying to strike a match using his teeth.



After I tranquilized him.


Monday, since I had the day off, I met a friend to run what we thought was a 4.5 mile loop. Nottttt quite. 4.5 turned into 6.2 miles. Oh well, 10K done before 8:30am --not complaining. It was even hotter than Saturday- in order to prevent death by heat stroke, we stopped at a questionable gas station and drank water from the bathroom sink (not kidding).

After the run, I figured I hadn't quite had enough of the sun for one weekend and went to lay by the pool in Mom's neighborhood. Did I mention her pool has a deep end?
It goes all the way to 1 1/2 feet.




After attempting to get a sun burn (what's SPF?) I headed home, met Cory, then went to Chad and Page's so Cory could help him finish a project they'd been working on in the yard. Naturally, I stayed inside and caught up on Tetris (thanks for introducing that me to me Chad, you're a lifesaver).

Due to a crazy rain storm, they're project came to a quick halt and we headed over to Cory's parents to eat cookout leftovers (more bean dip and cookies? don't mind if I do).

And that, my friends, concluded the weekend. I'm most likely talking (typing) to myself at this point in the novel, but that's ok. This week hasn't had anything exciting happen...yet. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...