Monday, July 11, 2011

Bad to the Bone

This weekend began like any other- got off work, went home, asked my hot man what we were gonna do, sat around, pondered over why we still live in Rock Hill, wondered more about what we could go and do… and then met the in-laws at El Cancun for dinner (yes, 2 nights in a row, don’t judge).
This wasn’t just any ole dinner though- it was Reagan’s very first El Cancun experience. As excited as we all were, she must have been absolutely bored with the place and slept through the entire dinner.

Apparently, loud obnoxious drunk rednecks chugging down fish-bowl sized margaritas aren’t her thing.
She’ll convert.
Even though I drank absolutely no alcohol Friday night, I woke up Saturday feeling stiff and tired and dragging. The 6-miler was gruesome…and the 100% humidity didn’t help the sitch.
I kept getting really light headed and was so thirsty…
I need to do better about hydrating the day before/during the run.
I got this Nathan hydration belt:
and used it the whole time at the beach, but haven’t on a group run yet. I just hate having so much stuff on…the 305 is clunky enough and I hate feeling restricted. Even so, I woulda killed for it Saturday….a gas station bathroom sink woulda worked too.
I was scheduled for my first placement at the Junior Welfare League’s consignment shop, Twice Is Nice, on Saturday. As a new member, I have to volunteer for 13 3-hour sessions during the year. Knowing I had to be there, dressed, and non sweaty at 10am, I raced home to get ready right after the run. I got ready in record time and arrived right on the dot; worked from 10 to 11 and then realized that there is no way on Earth someone should
have given me a college degree or a driver’s license.
I didn’t have to be there til 1.

Wahhhh. Nothing makes me madder than making retarded mistakes that impact my whole day. See… me and Cory scheduled our lease signing for 2pm that day… but since I only have ½ a brain and can’t read a schedule, we had to cancel.
L Hoping for next weekend.

After finishing at Twice Is Nice around 4:15, Cory and I headed out to get some errands done. One thing that both of us love is getting Anney new “babies.”
The look on her face when she gets a treat is hysterical and so worth it.

We name all her toys and have basically taught her the names….so when we tell her to get her favorite, “Turk” she runs and gets her mangled, chewed up, one-eyed Turkey baby that used to be really cute.



Saturday we introduced her to “Moo Cow” and also brought her a rawhide bone.

She loves Moo Cow, but the bone really stole the show; she didn’t put it down all night, apparently the bone didn’t love her back. Around midnight, she came around to my side of the bed and woke me up- which typically happens 12+ times a night (She's afraid to jump on the bed in the dark) but when I went to pick her up, something was obviously wrong.
She was gasping and looked horrified- a piece of the bone was lodged in her throat! I started screaming for Cory and since he’s nocturnal and still awake at that crazy hour, he came in and saved the day! Lucky he knows the Heimlich for dogs. :( Anney is fine now, but it was hard to get back to sleep!
No more bones for her!
Sunday, went by way too fast. We spent a few hours at Chad and Page's, hanging out with them and Reagan, grocery shopped, etc. and before we knew it, it was time to start a new week! :( Booo

This coming Sunday is mine and Cory's One Year Anniversary! So exciting, and crazy to think what I was doing this time last year! Time FLIES!!!! (when you're havin fun!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...