Thursday, June 16, 2011

SHE'S HERE!

Baby Reagan has arrived!!!

5lbs. 10oz, 20" at 9:31pm 6/15/2011




The last few days have been eventful, to say the least! It all started Tuesday night. I was sound asleep, minding my own business when Cory busted through the door screaming
"KRIS! GET UP! PAGE'S WATER BROKE!!"

My heart started flying and my hands were shaking- I do so well under pressure. We kissed Anney goodbye, jumped in the car and covered 15 miles in 3 minutes. Well, basically.

When we got there, we went back to Page's room and she was doing great. She was having very mild contractions that she couldn't even feel yet and everything looked good. The doctors said Reagan was in position and we just had to wait for labor to kick in. So, we waited. And waited. And slept crooked in hospital chairs. And ate pretzel m&ms. And waited.

At 5am the doctor came in to check on her progress. Since labor wasn't coming along real quick, they decided to induce her and begin her on pitocin, increasing her dosage every 30 minutes. I've never seen a woman in labor so calm (like I have experience).  Around 10am, she was feeling some pain and was given the epidural- and took it like a rockstar!

I had to leave to go into work for a while and felt like I was on speed. I became a certified professional Facebook Stalker, thriving on updates from the grandparents. I could hardly sit still and by noon, my stomach was in knots and I just had to go. Cory stayed at the hospital, giving me updates, and told me Ray Jay could come any time. Naturally, I raced to the hospital like I was runnin from the cops and got there just in time!

To wait.

Each hour, she got just a little more dilated and we went back in her room to sit with her. The doctor was scheduled to come back in at 6pm, 18 hours after her water broke. A little after he showed up,  we got the news that she was fully dilated and ready to start pushing! Woo hooooo!

Cory and I sat in the "grieving room" (sorry, offensive I know.. but they assured us that no one needed it, and that it wasn't bad luck) because it was just down the hall from Page's room. We waited on hands and knees like 5 year-olds spying on their parents, trying to hear something, anything. We battled rude nurses and lost Hospital Wanderes. The rest of the family was in the waiting area. About 30 minutes later, we heard Chad scuffling down the hall. He said the doctor was giving her a 20 minute break because RJ was too high and he wanted her to come down some in order to get under the pelvic bone- plus he had to run do a quick c-section, NBD.

They started back around 7pm. Cory and I gave up and joined the rest of the family outside in the waiting area.

And waited patiently.

The waiting really wasn't so bad.
We were all far too pumped to be bored and by now, we'd all caught our 8th wind.

At 8:30pm, Chad came out to tell us the pushing wasn't going so well. Page was the Queen of Pushing, but RJ was just too high to come. The best thing for everyone was a c-section. So, they took her down to the OR, and we prayed. We knew we'd have a precious new baby in our lives very very soon.

Chad came in to tell us the news at 9:45- He was a DAD!! Reagan was a teeny precious little bundle of joy and he was so proud of his girls- they worked HARD! Cory and I are so proud of our little niece, and of course- we're proud of Page and Chad. Those three sure are blessings! After 22.5 hours of labor, the prize was more than worth it. Cory and I already love her so much and can't wait to have her in our lives!












1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's just the pregnancy, post-pardum hormones, but I cried like a baby reading this. Thank you for posting it. It's great to hear it from yalls viewpoint. I know that day seemed liked forever! I'm going to print this entry off to save for Reagan to read later. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...