Monday, June 27, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding

Hey long lost friends!

I swear. I will never go this long without blogging, ever again! As I mentioned a few times, the last few weeks in June were/are packed to the brim, but sooo great!

There's no way on Earth I could write a single post about the last week and a half, and there's definitely no way in HELL you'd stick around long enough to read it, so I'm going to do several catch-up posts!

First of all, naturally I'm completely obsessed with little Ray. Cory and I have visited her every day we've been in town (which is only 4!!) and are already wrapped around her precious finger. We even made a special trip home just to get our "Reagan fix." Not to worry though, because her hectic little life is basically streamed live through Facebook and Cory and I just loved the updates while we were on vacay.



Proud Mama



Second, backing up to last weekend my best friend made THE MOST beautiful bride on Earth. I had to hold back some serious tears throughout the weekend, that wedding was just something else! :)

Friday around noon, Cory and I headed off to Asheville, NC for the wedding. We checked into our hotel and met at Deer Park at the Biltmore Estate for the Rehearsal. Everything went smoothly and the venue was absolutely stunning.

The Wedding Party at the Rehearsal

Cory...the stand-in guest(s)
After rehearsing, we had a little time to kill before dinner so Cory and I headed to our new little home to freshen up.



Welcome Home!

Sike! I wish... that place is outrageous! It is so huge and beautiful and detailed and breathtaking!



After oogling the Biltmore House, we all met at Chef Mo's for dinner. We were seated in a private room and ate AMAZING food while watching a slide show Jenna made of her and Daniel's lives. It would have made a caveman teary without all the sentimental songs... but wooo those just put it over the top! I've known this girl since we were five years old, and seeing those pictures of her growing up put me on a fast track down memory lane!

For dinner, I had the Roasted Salmon with Granny Smith apple glaze, side of kale and garlic mashed potatoes with a glass of Malbec. It was incredible!!! For dessert, we feasted on a homemade Reece's cake... ho-ly yum. It definitely stole the show!

Sorry for the photo quality...it's all I got!
The infamous Reece cake has a hunter+deer and says
"I'm settin you free. I've found the one for me."
Too cute.

After dinner, we went out for a few drinks to ease the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. Brown's nerves.




***SIDE TRACK***
As you may or may not have noticed, on Saturday mornings I ALWAYS get up at the crack of dawn to crank out a run before it gets hot. Meaning, 6am at the latest. For over a year. Basically every single Saturday. Cory and I were supposed to meet Jenna and the bridal party for a Bridal Breakfast at 9am on the morning of Jenna's wedding. At 10am, I woke up. FAIL.

Seriously. I'm the worst friend EVER. I set my alarm to go off at 7am to give me time for a short run before showering. At 10am, I woke up to our hotel phone ringing, Jenna thought we'd been killed. Apparently, the dang AC was so incredibly loud that it masked the sound of my alarm, paired with the fact that I didn't get much sleep the week before, my body just wasn't having it. I can't tell you the last time I slept that late. Ugh. Awful, terrible friend. :(

Of course, Jenna kept her cool, like normal, and didn't let it phase her. Cory and I grabbed a quick breakfast at Starbucks then met her and the other bridesmaids at the hair salon. I stayed for a few hours before heading back to the hotel to shower and do my hair- umm yeah, I took a risk and decided I wanted to do my own hair...I'm weird and like to put myself into uncomfortable and stressful situations. Keeps me on my toes.

Luckily, it turned out A-OK.



Afterwards, Cory drove me to meet Jenna at her hotel room to finish getting ready.
She was absolutely breathtaking!

I'll let the photos take over from here:

















Beautiful wedding. Stunning venue. Breathtaking bride!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...