Tuesday, May 17, 2011

13.1 x 2 in 30

Well...I made it! I survived two Half Marathons in one month! wooo hoo!!



Boy, is my body feelin' it too! The race was awesome, and HARD, and awesome! The hills were tough but the crowd support was outstanding and seeing all the Marine Corps out there handing out water, serving me was a humbling experience. These guys were awesome! I got to run through so many historical landmarks and really got to take in Fredericksburg.



The start
I'm not gonna lie, this was the toughest run I've endured, to date. My body just wasn't with it and I was feeling pretty weak only a few miles in, but I just tried my best to keep a steady pace and finish strong. I know being sick really took a toll on my body and only being able to run twice last week ate at me mentally. I took water at every stop after mile 6 and Gatorade before mile 10, "Hospital Hill." I took one GU around mile 8 and ran most of the race with a cough drop in my mouth to help me breath (smart, I know). But, I finished!!! This race pushed me mentally farther than I've ever been and really let me see how far my body can go when my mind (really) wanted to quit. SO glad I did it! :)


8,000 runners!

Did I mention Drew Carey ran?!






Sorry these are Proofs!






After the race, Cory and I went back to the hotel, showered and were on our way! We arrived home around 5:30 and crashed for the rest of the night. It felt so good to be home with our babies, even though we were only gone a few days!

Monday was a BUSY day! Since I took a half day from work on Friday, I had a lot to catch up on. I broke for lunch around 1 and tried to get a jump start on my To-Do list. I have a dinner tonight for the Junior Welfare League that I've recently joined and wanted to get a new dress for it. I had no luck during lunch, but luckily was able to find something after work! Decisions, decisions!


 (I went with the one of the left, thanks to Cory's input! :D )

I took Monday off from working out, mainly because I couldn't even walk (and significantly needed a rest day!) but also because I just had so much to do! I picked up a baby shower gift for my Sister-In-Law, found a dress, searched for shoes, picked up some make up and grocery shopped all before 8pm. Then I got home and cooked this deliciousness:


This was heavenly and only 250 calories!!! No, that's not a joke! :)

Ingredients:
1 Flatout Flat bread- Light Tomato flavored
1/4 c Prego Marinara Sauce
1/4 c Italian cheese
Dried basil, salt, pepper
Baby spinach, chopped
Tomato, chopped

I assembled all the ingredients and baked in our Toaster Oven at 300 for about 5-7 mins. It was delicious!! I will definitely be making this again! Actually, I already did! :) I'm having a "calzone" version of this today for lunch and I can't wait!

Have a great Tuesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...