Friday, May 13, 2011

George Washington's Hotel

Random Fact for the Day:
George Washington grew up in Fredericksburg, and practically everything here is named after him or his mama. Who knew?! (probably most of you.)

We made it! The drive wasn't too shabby and actually went by much quicker than I had expected. The little hot British man that lives in my GPS was a good boy and only got us lost once, that's GOT to be a record! Cory likes driving and wouldn't dream of letting me; no worries though because I had other, more important jobs. Like DJ and Magazine Reader, Food Spotter, Gas Gauge Watcher, and Complainer. Pretty tough job, but some one's gotta do it.


He's got moves.



           

Did I mention I hate car rides???


We left around 1pm and only stopped a few times for bathroom breaks, and once for some food. Cory ate his typical 2 Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers and I demanded Subway. I got a 6" Turkey on whole wheat with lettuce, red onion, banana peppers. pickles, salt/pepper, vinegar and mustard. ~280calories with 10 cheese crackers on the side (+70 cals)





Before we left we researched hotels and got one pretty close to the Expo that was reasonably priced (aka cheap). It had 4.5/5 stars and looked pretty good. Well, like a lot of other things around here, I think it should be called George Washington's Hotel because I'm pretty sure it was around when he was. This place is O-L-D. Of course, it will (hopefully) do it's job- give us a shelter. Okayyyy, it's not that bad. It actually feels like home- queen bed, I can see Cory from anywhere I stand in the room, small-ass bathroom, questionable carpets...ahhhh just like home! ;) kidding. Gotta give it props though, it does have a nice size TV, circa 1990- perks!

The Room.


The food for the weekend
                                

After making a(nother) run to Wendy's for a Frosty (...for my throat, of course) we're gonna call it a night and hang with George Dub. Tomorrow we're gonna check out the Expo and explore the town. Still calling for t-storms for Sunday, but we're down from 70% to 50% wahooo!! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...