Friday, May 13, 2011

Risen From The Dead

ETA: This post is from Thursday, Blogger's been down-sorry!

Hello Friends! I hope you're all havin a grand week, it's almost the weekend!! woooo!!

I know you've been worrying your little selves over me (it's all you can think about, right?) Well I'm happy to say that I am feeling a little better today. I'm definately not at 100% but I'm on the road to recovery! I'm gonna make it!!!!!

So besides eating gross things like soup (which, by the way, I hate) here are some of my recent eats. Last night, Cory cooked, while I instructed so I didn't "poison" the food. I'm not gonna lie... I kinda liked it. Maybe I should be infected more often to get out of cooking!? hm.... too bad he reads this, now there's not a chance for me to get away with that. dang.

Last night we made Pad Thai Chicken- basically whole wheat spaghetti noodles, grilled chicken, soy sauce and Pad Thai seasoning. It sounded gourmet, it smelled gourmet...the verdict? It was awful. I can't blame my cooking skills on this one (...Cory???) kidding. It just wasn't what I thought it would be, not sure what that is, but it defiantely isn't something I'd buy again. Just sayin.

After dinner, I mixed up a version of Shae's Warm Ooey Gooey Oat Clusters oh em gee. Shae, you're significantly evil. Why oh why did you introduce this to me?!?? I used basically the same ingredients, except I had no Kashi cereal, so I crunched up a graham cracker. It was soo rich and good, thanks for this new obession, Shae! :)

This morning, I had a bowl of Banana Oatmeal. It was good, except we're out of milk and just wasn't as creamy as normal- still good, of course!

  • 1/4c Old Fashioned Oats
  • 1/2c water
  • 1/2 banana
  • Cinnamon
  • Sea salt
  • Vanilla
  • Topped with a few tbsp of raw oats and 1 tbsp natural crunchy pb
=240 cals

For a mid morning snack, I feasted on these babies:


...yum
 After hacking up my lungs and annoying my co-workers; who, by the way have voiced their opinions on the way I look vs. feel by saying things like:

"Are you feeling better? Oh, well...not to be rude, but...you don't look like you feel any better."

and


"So...you're gonna try and RUN on Sunday??? You don't sound like you can even SIT. Do you know how far a Half Marathon is??" 

---No, actually, I don't. Could you please explain just exactly how far that IS!?

Ahh the joys of working with men. Have their wives not trained them?! Anyway, I ran to Walmart at lunch to grab some things for our trip tomorrow, can back and ate a Cheeseburger!!! Okay, that's a lie, but it's as close to a cheeseburger as this girl's gonna get:

-Whole Wheat Wrap
-Bocca Burger (Original Flavor)
-Pepperjack Cheese
-Ketchup
=235

+cheesy crackers= 305 Total


On the side- amazing crackers I bought while I was out; 20 crackers for only 140 cals! Woo hoo!


Afternoon snack is a planned Nature's Path Mmmaple Pecan Granola Bar that I'm pretty excited about. If you've never tried Nature's Path products, get up and drive to the nearest store RIGHT NOW and buy something. anything. it's all amazing. But, these are by far the best! The first time I bought a box, Cory helped me polish them off in less than 2 days. And you know King Toaster Struedal doesn't like too much with the the word "ORGANIC" printed across the top, so they have to be good, right?! ;)

I tried running last night, got 3 miles in at around a 9 min pace. It was 90 degrees and 110% humid. I wasn't too disappointed...going to try again tonight but might move it inside to the dreadmill so these lungs can get a break. Then it's packing and taking Anney to "Grandma's!" We're leaving around noon tomorrow! :)Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...