Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Achey Breaky

Hey friends! Hope you're all having a great week so far! I have been so busy lately...between cranking out the last few weeks of marathon training, celebrating Cory's birthday and maintaining a life, I have little room for much of anything else!

I'm now on to week 13 of training, only 3 more to go! I don't know if I'm excited to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel or scared out of my freaking mind/nauseated that it's so close. Physically, I think I'll be ready. Mentally is a different story.... (Cory can attest to that).

I haven't had much to report on as far as training lately. We don't have another "big" push until the 29th, so we've been maintaining mileage and upping our weekday training runs a little. BUT, this weekend is very exciting. I'll be running the Rocktoberfest Half Marathon with several of my running friends. I've promised myself that I'm just going to be running this for fun. I would be crushed if I pushed too hard (which...I've been known to do) and get hurt before The Big One. Hopefully I can throw my competitive nature aside and just have fun!

Besides running, there's been a lot of this lately:





Not as fun as you might think....


I'm not hurt...but you better believe I'm hurting. Small aches and pains all day long. Luckily, it's been nothing major and where it hurts one day, will be ok the next...of course there will be a new pain that day. Right now, my right shoulder is ACHING. I think I'm too tense when I run... and that's the hand I carry my phone in (if I'm running with it) so I'm probably squeezing it extra hard or something. My right ankle is also bitching today. I wish she would shut it. I've got better things to do than worry over her. Oh and my left foot. I've been rolling it over a freezing cold Coke I stole out of the work fridge all morning.... I should probably throw it away (or give it to Cory) when I'm done. <gross>

Speaking of the hubs...he celebrated a very special birthday last Friday. Happy Belated 25th Birthday to my wonderful husband! :) We went to eat with the family Friday night and this was Cory's meal:


Ho-ly Cow (pun intended)


Yep. Ate the whoooole thing :) You only turn 25 once!


In other news... it's almost Halloween!!! Me and Cory were invited to a costume party next weekend. I need some ideas for couples costumes...


I think we're going to be Burger King and Dairy Queen (Cory doesn't know this yet).

Have a great week!

PS- Even though my blogging skills are slack, I have been updating the workout page... try the newest arm workout. Did it this morning...and it is a struggle for me to be typing right now. You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...