Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I'm not dead.

So, let’s be honest.  I haven’t written in like 3 weeks. Yeah, I said it.
I’ve been excruciatingly busy lately and the blog is one of those things that’s easy to put off, no offense.
Here's something to make it all better...

You forgive me now, right? She eases the pain, with her good looks and all.

Let’s back up to that 14 miler I gawked about in the last post - it went GREAT. One of the best runs I’ve ever had. Of course, it ended with a few casualties (toe nails) and new blisters, but it was perfect. Fall is in the air and the crisp breeze makes running so much more enjoyable. I guess I can thank God for humidity, because I appreciate this weather SO much more.

Last week I was in Atlanta, GA all week for work. It was nice to get away from the office, but the days were really really long and I missed my little family. Not to mention that the hubs got bronchitis and a sinus infection while I was away (Good for me, bad for him) With the help of vitamin C, I’ve not caught it… yet.

Oh, heyyy 1996 Olympics




That tall building was where our conference was held- tallest hotel in the Western Hemisphere. It was alright ;)



Getting ready for the conference. I know I looked really hot. ha.



I ran the majority of my mid-week runs via treadmill which was kind of a nice change. I ran in the mornings at the hotel’s gym and had the whole place to myself every day. Had to work off all the wining and dining we did! After last week, I never want to go out to eat ever again. I’ve had my fill for the year. It’s amazing what some people will order when they’re on the “company’s tab.” But that’s another story for another day.

So I got home Friday and got settled back into our little home just in time to take a “nap” that turned into bed time. 6pm bed time? Am I an infant?? Whatever, I’ll take it. So I caught up on sleep and then woke up fresh for Saturday’s 16 mile run.


Can I just say that going into this, I was very flustered. (Definitely not because Cory took my car key to work with him-again- and I had to hitch a last minute ride, thanks Mom, then forgot my Garmin and had to go back and was late to meeting the group…not because of that). J I was scared that the added nervousness and stress would screw up the run and my body would tire out easier.
So I started my run saying “Here goes nothing.” Of course, this would be the longest run of my life. Pretty exhilarating if you ask me. I took the first couple miles to just breath. I needed to de-stress from the week and the morning and just take it all in. After that, I was game for a long run. My legs felt strong and my breathing was easy- again, thanks to the 60 degree (amazing) weather we had.
Have I ever mentioned that I have THE BEST running group? I’ve gotten to know these women pretty well over the course of our runs (2+ hours of sweating next to someone will do that to ya!) and they are each so inspiring and genuine good people. My runs have taken a new direction because of these guys- they push me, entertain me, and keep my laughing the whole way.  

I can say with all seriousness, 16 miles was AMAZING.
A-MAZE-ING.
I didn’t want it to end. I know some of you are thinking that’s crazy or whatever, but it’s true. Pushing yourself to new limits and distances is truly one of the most rewarding things God can give a person. Now, I only have to add 10 more miles to that distance for the big one. No big deal, right?! J haha. I just pray that I have that same I’m-On-Top-Of-The-World feeling I had at 16 that I’ll have at 26.
Immediately following the run, we had a trainer waiting to stretch us out (perks of the Y).  I stretched every muscle in my body, chugged some chocolate milk, rolled out my legs with my stick, and threw on my hot compression socks. I was good to go.
This week is kind of flying by. I ran 8 miles Monday and attended a “Strength for Runners” class last night that was pretty awesome. I’ve got 4 planned for today and tomorrow and then 12 for Saturday.  
So there ya go. The last 2 weeks thrown together. I’ve got some ideas for posts in the near future so look for those! :)
Thanks for hangin with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...