Friday, August 26, 2011

Week from Hades

Heyyy guys! How has your week been? Mine has been stressful! I lovingly welcome this Day of Fri with big, wide, huge ass arms.

This has been the never-ending monster of a week that has left me with copious amounts of coffee in my system and serious lack of sleep (staying up past my bedtime to catch the fight between Ronnie and Sitch didn't do me any justice...priorities.)



I arrived in the office at the ripe hour of 6:30AM this morning for a meeting. So right now, my brain is feeling like it's at least 11:30am. Oh how I wish. Hello 10am, nice to see you- not.

Something about switching gyms this week has thrown me way out of schedule. Y'all. I'm such a schedule freak. Really... the teeniest things throw me off; get it together Kristin, get it together. I guess having the same workout schedule for 2 years will do that do a person?

Anywaysers,  I'm blaming the change on the fact that I had some serious work-out mishaps this week... I literally cussed my run out yesterday- ask the hubs, he saw. "Go to freaking hell 5 mile run, go to hell." I have issues.

So, my work out schedule for the week looked like:

Monday- 3 mile speed work run + 20 min of stair stepper + 25 mins cycle
Tuesday- 3 mile hot run on my lunch break
*Wednesday- AM Strength Training From Hell; PM Core Challenge Class, Cardio Challenge Class
Thursday- 5 Mile Run From Hell (the running gods were against me)
Friday- REST
Saturday- 10 miles

*Please note that this was on Wednesday. It is now Friday. I still cannot stand up without wincing, my butt muscles are still cramping up, and my hamstrings are screaming at me (lower body AM strength. Obviously.)
*PS- when you go to a "Core Challenge" class. What do you expect? Sit-ups? Planks? Core-related stuff? Yeah. me too. Not leg lifts, one-leg squats, hamstring curls, and donkey kicks. Thank you, mean teacher, for making my already sore ass, sorer.


I will spare you the deets on the 5-miler yesterday. Only my mom, sister, and unfortunately Cory know the whole story. It's a little TMI for the ole blog.

Dear Rock Hill,
It would be great if you could consider the needs of runners, bikers, walkers, and those alike, and provide accessible restrooms to those in need. Passing by dozens of closed churches and businesses, and unnoted amounts of run-down/out-of-business stores only confirms my belief that you are unprepared in the outdoor exercise department.
Rearranging my route so that I have to run all the way into downtown, while there is a legit (200+ person) gathering being held, so that I can find a bathroom, is a little rude. Please take after your big brother, Fort Mill, and place a port-a-potty on every corner. Thanks for understanding.
                                                                                                 Sincerely,
                                                                                                 Nowhereto Poppasquat

Now the other half of the run was totally my mom's fault. She passed down her sense of direction to her dear old daughter. Thanks Mom. I appreciate you giving me the ability to get lost in the only town I've ever lived in (besides college) in an area I've been well versed in for 24.2 years.

*Note to self- when lost, keep running. You'll eventually get somewhere. Even if it takes you an extra hour to get there. Points for added miles.


Have a fabulous weekend. Do something crazy. I'll be running and volunteer working (like, for free).


PS- Mom, you can make it up to me by taking me to see The Help Saturday night. I appreciate your apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...