Thursday, April 28, 2011

Monstrous Thursday

Good morning! Whew, we've made it to Thursday, the eve of Friday which is one day before the weekend! :) (Trying to be optimistic about the 2 gruesome days we have left of this loooong week).

Today is one of those days when I woke up and felt like I'd been asleep for 5 mins. I looked at the clock and couldn't believe it was already morning. Blah. And the monstrous black clouds looming over us outside didn't help the situation much. All I wanted to do was stay in bed and sleep through this nasty weather!

But, being the responsible person I am, I hit snooze about a zillion times until I absolutely had to get up, then rushed around like a maniac (still had time to squeeze in an episode of Saved By The Bell...priorities). This pollen is getting the best of me and with a sore throat, all I wanted was something ice cold for breakfast. Just so happens, I had ingredients for a lean, mean, green, monster! Yesssss.



Ingredients:
-1/2 frozen banana
-1/2 c almond milk
-1/2 c water
-packet of Musceltech chocolate protein powder
-handful of spinach
-about 5 ice cubes
-Splenda
-pinch of xantham gum

-Blend together spinach and liquids, then add all other ingredients until thick, smooth, and delicious.

Calories: 200


This was my first experience with xantham gum. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now but haven't been able to find it in stores; so I finally broke down and bought some here. I've heard that it makes a world of difference in smoothies/milkshakes, and boy does it! Although, I think I added a little too much; my GM had more of a pudding consistency, but still tasted fine. Next time, I'll add a little less.



I used this sample of Muscletech protein powder that I found at the grocery store. I'm trying to find a new protein powder that I like but I'm sometimes scared to buy a huge container if I haven't tried it before. I thought this tasted pretty good- not at all chalky like some protein powders.

Here's the nutrition information. Pretty good! (I used a little more than 1/2 of the packet this morning)
Cals: 160
Fat: 2
Protein: 26
Carbs: 8


Off to tackle the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...