Monday, April 25, 2011

Babyfaces and Bunny Birthdays

This past weekend was perfect! Two amazing weekends in a row = one happy girl!

Starting with Friday; I had the day off from work for Good Friday, and good Friday it was! I woke up around 7am and went for a 4 mile run around the neighborhood- my planned Thursday run (which I just totally was not feeling Thurs!) The weather was a little foggy + misty but the cool air was perfect! I set my Pandora to the "Counting Crows Station" and soared down the road as I took a trip back to the 90's. There's something about listening to Hootie (when he was still "Hootie") and the Blues Travelers that just puts me in a good mood!

"Once upon a midnight deeeary I woke with something in my head. I could not escape the memoryyy of a phone call and of what you said..."

After my run I headed to the gym for some torture weight lifting, then came home, showered, cooked Cory and me breakfast and got ready for the day (yes, he ate it...in case you were wondering). Then I joined Mom and Furnace for a much needed pedi (I apologized to the girl doing mine before she even started... yes, they were sick.)


Pinkies for me!

Afterwards, Mr. Y and I decided to make the most of our day off and started with some shopping. We received our income tax return last week and decided to have fun with $100 and put the rest into savings. It was really fun to see what all we could buy with our "fun" money.

(Note- yes, we are 11 years old and have never had our own money before and got overly excited about our shopping spree...but, we'll blame the free Earth Day Starbucks for making us run through Target like we were on Supermarket Sweep.)



We've been talking for awhile now about trying out little "hole-in-the-wall" restaurants around town and felt like today was a perfect opportunity. We were gonna go to Bob's Grill...but decided we wanted to take our time eating.




Kidding! Neither of us had ever been to Nishi G's although it's basically a Rock Hill legacy (ha) so we decided to try it. It was actually really good! And cheap! (double points!) I got buffalo grilled chicken on a whole wheat wrap (+lettuce&tom) with a side of green beans (I mean, "grayn bayns"). Cory got a burger with "everything ya got"..which to him, meant lettuce, tom, mayo, pickles... ya know the regular. Instead, he got loaded down with everything they had in the kitchen (including chili, coleslaw, hard boiled eggs and pineapple). Ok..only kidding about the last 2.



Afterwards, we headed to Cory's parent's house and anxiously awaited the arrival of Chad and Page (Cory's brother and wife). They had been to a 3D ultrasound and we got to see a video of our sweet niece, Reagan Joanna Hinton! She is absolutely beautiful!!! It is so unbelievable to be able to actually "see" her before she's even born. We can already tell she's gonna look just like her parents! What a Great Friday!



Saturday, was more relaxed. I met up with a friend in the AM for a 7 mi run. Later in the day, Cory and I spent some time with our families and took some much needed rest time. That night, we had dinner with my in-laws and then joined them + Chad and Page in Charlotte to see The Conspirator. I thought it was a really great movie, although I wasn't expecting the ending. Had I known more about the history (probably should have....did I mention I am NOT a "history buff?"), I could have anticipated how it would turn out; I guess I was hoping for a Happily Ever After.

Sunday was Easter and it was also a great day! Cory and I woke up early and enjoyed some home-made French Toast (that was delicious...to me at least, Cory coulda fed his to Anney while I was in the shower) and then headed to church. We were lucky enough to have both of our families in attendance (minus Melantitus)- we nearly took up an entire row! After church both of our families joined together at Mom's for Easter lunch. SO.MUCH.FOOD. Mom cooked a ham, and also made spinach, fruit salad, deviled eggs and rolls. Jennifer contributed mac 'n cheese, Page made a great broccoli casserole and Julie (mother in law) brought cole slaw and wine! I contributed  an Oreo-Peanut Butter Pie which was heavenly (Read: anything pb is heavenly). Recipe here.

Mom had prepared an Easter Egg Hunt before we got there which we joyfully took part in after devouring the grub (um...yes, we still have Easter Egg Hunts) And guess what? I WON! What did I win, you ask? Three delicious eggs of Cadberry (second in line behind peanut butter).



After eating, Cory and I headed home to enjoy our Sunday (which included napping and loading up on even more sugar- thanks for the jelly beans and cavities, Mom!)

Oh! and I almost forgot! It was (Easter) Lily day!!! Which we named her stand-in birthday. So, Happy 2nd Birthday Lily! She was gifted with an hour of playtime and a banana from her parents and a donated used toy from Anney.


I hope everyone had a great weekend, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...