Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thoughts

Hey guys, how are ya??!

Not a whole lot of newsworthy things happening over here... so this will probably be a collaboration of thoughts and recent happenings, sorry in advance for the randomness.

This weekend was a suffocatingly humid 12 mile run. My breathing never quite caught up to me and I had to constantly think about keeping it rhythmic- in. out. in out. Did I mention it was humid?? Oh, and during my 2 mile home stretch, the flood gates poured open, drenching me from head to toe. It was okay at first, cooled things off, then I lost a contact in a rain drop and continued to blindly run back to the Y, only to detangle my rat's nest, shower and get dressed in 2.5 seconds to work a 6 hour shift at the Junior Welfare League's consignment shop. Don't you fret though, I wore my hot compression socks the whole time. The idea was to scare off the customers. I think it worked.

After running then standing for a straight 6 hours, I figured my feet were good and ready to get measured and analyzed for some new kicks. My current Mizuno's are far from being worn out but when you have a toe the color of death and a few other toenails hanging on for dear life (I know you like the graphic stuff) I figured I might as well add another pair into the mix to save what's left of my feet.

I got these: Saucony ProGrid Mirage
I've only run once in them and they were alright...hard to tell after only one run. But I did have some shin pain and my right foot (that, btw is a 1/2 size bigger than my left.. sweet, what's your talent?) fell asleep. They're going for the "minimalist" approach, but being the Toe Runner that I am, the guy said I don't even use the heel in my running shoes, so the extra weight only slows me down. These things may be light, but they do have cushion in em! We'll see how tonight's 6 miler goes.


In other news, Cory and I got a sweet little bill in the mail yesterday for $400 from our old apartment. For what, you may ask? Oh, to have the carpets cleaned. Ok, guys, I think I've mentioned this before... but in all seriousness this time.

We lived in a closet.

Like 200 square feet.  Maybe.

How freaking expensive is it to clean a one bedroom apartment's carpets? And btw, shouldn't they probably do this anyway for safety/health reasons before a new tenant moves in?? Kind of really badly pisses me off. Oh, and they ran a special when we moved in- no security deposit!! (woo...what a deal). They'll just take our money 3 months after we've moved out. No big deal.

On the upside, today while I was making lunch, my boss came by and handed me a $100 bill. I looked at like I'd never seen a real, live $100 bill before. He said it was a bonus for something and he had a wad he was handing out. Sweet. No complaining or questions from moi. Glad that gets to go toward cleaning carpets. (Okay, Cory. Sorry.... It's going to your birthday present)


dolla dolla bill

And another thing, that I just need to get off my chest...

I love Fall. L-O-V-E it. The smells, the colors, the foods. But for the past couple years, this whole beginning of October thing really throws me for a loop. I want to love October, I really do. And I feel like if I can get past the first week, I'm golden.

This isn't something I've talked about on here before, and my heart's pounding away even writing this... but it's my dad's birthday on the 3rd. We don't have a relationship. We used to, and a (what I thought) really really good one. That was before our family exploded several years ago... but those are things I probably won't write about, because honestly? I just don't want to go there. This blog is happy (to me at least) and bogging it down with unfavorable memories just isn't something I want to let happen here.

So anyway, I always struggle with what to do, what to say... do I call? do I send a card? Apparently present-giving is a no go... luckily my bday comes first so I can usually kind of copy whatever he does (if you're wondering... I was mailed a card. Sincere.) My sisters are polar opposites and I'm stuck in the middle, so I can't really look to them for advice.

I worry and struggle during this time every year and my heart aches because I don't want to have regrets (in either direction) or do the wrong thing, whatever that is.
So, let's get through this next week and I'll be a-okay. Bring on Fall.


Because I don't want to end this post negatively, I have a task for you.

Go to the store. Buy a box of spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Mix them together. I don't care how to do it. Then drop the dough by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10-12 mins. If you're really feeling adventurous, add some cream cheese frosting on top. You won't be disappointed. Afterward, you can propose marriage. But, sorry guys I'm taken.


Seeeeee ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...