Thursday, November 10, 2011

About that time...

Nerves are kicking in, but right now, I'm just excited.. the scared nerves have passed. I just re-read my 2nd ever post about my first Half Marathon, which reminded me how exciting this is for me. It's hard to believe that a little over a year ago I was training to run 3 miles. And now... 26?? wow.

I've started prepping my body for the race (um.. haven't I been doing this for 4 months?) meaning I'm chugging water and eating lots of carby foods. I'm not a huge carb fan so it's been a little tough on me today and yesterday to find foods that are healthy and that I want to eat (I don't love pasta... weird I know). Basically been sticking to my faves- sweet potatoes, english muffins, oatmeal, bananas.... Who knows if I'm eating enough carbs to make a difference, but at least I'm trying!

As for my back, I had my last chiro appt yesterday before the big race. He said the muscle that's been bothering me is much less inflamed- hallelujah! I'm still icing and stretching and it's still a little uncomfortable when I sit (which is ALL DAY) but it's getting much better.

I'm leaving work at lunch to run my last training run- a measly 2 miles (wahooooo) and then? I've completed training. All that's left to do is leave it up to God. I've put in the miles, I've done the training. Now I've just got to hang in there mentally and do my best on Saturday.

Going into this, I've stressed to myself (and everyone else) that I wouldn't have a time goal, I just want to finish strong and enjoy it. I'll only ever have one first marathon (yes, Cory... there may be others in the future. Sorry you have to read this online. I couldn't break it to you in person.) But first, I've gotta get through this in one piece.

Being OCD, I've already made a list of stuff to get together for race-day.

Yes. I am aware. That is a lot.
Tonight I'm going to the race expo to pick up my bib and race packet. I'm hoping there are some good vendors with free stuff. Just hoping I don't nervous myself into a fit of anxiety while I'm there.

2 DAYSSSSSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...