Friday, April 15, 2011

Hello!

Thank you for (probably accidently) stumbling across my blog! I'm quite a newby at this, but after much coaxing from my hunky husband and many friends, I've finally started a blog!

**Warning: There will be grammatical errors (probably frequently) so.. if that bothers you, I'm warning you now! :) **

First, I'm not great with intros... back in college I'd sit for an hour trying to figure out how to start a paper, only to skip the intro and "start" with paragraph two... I think that's mainly the reason I haven't started a blog 'til now- I didn't know where to begin!

So, when I found this cute and informative little questionaire, I figured what better way to get to know a little about me? You'll probably find out more than you want about me, but that'll probably happen pretty often on here! Alright...so, here goes nothin'...


A. Age: 23, brought into the world on June 30, 1987

B. Bed size: Queen; although most nights it feels like we're crammed into a twin, when you've got a husband and a massive dog to share with


Great, big, scary lap dog!


C. Chore you hate: Dishes! Hate, hate, hate washing/putting away dishes... but I hate seeing them in the sink even more (ahem)... so I'm forced.

D. Dogs: Started my love obsession with Lhasa Apso's in 2005 when we got our family dog, Gabbie (aka Gabberdean, Nadean, Deana, Geebba) and it was all over from there. She birthed the love of my life (um..I mean second love of my life) Lady Annabelle Princess Walser Hinton "Anney" in September 2007. Life was complete.



E. Essential Start to your Day: Coffee! Must.have.coffee. before life can begin. If you have had the unfortunate pleasure of encountering me in the AM, well...you deserve a metal of honor.

F. Favorite Color: Pink! (generic girl color, I know.)

G. Gold or Silver: For most things, typically gold.

H. Height: 5'3" (okay, okay... I'm 5'2"... and a half)

I. Instruments you play: "Played" percussion in middle school. I think I'm the only person on Earth who came close to failing band for "not practicing enough"... I loved it with my heart and soul, you can catch me on Drumline2.

J. Job Title: Day job- Inside Sales for a process equipment distributor (machinery for chemical plants, paper mills, etc)  Night job- Lhasa Mama, wifey, wanna-be cook, maid.

K. Kids: 2-3...someday. Me and the hubs are on the "5-year plan" Each time a family member begs us to speed up the process... we add a month. For now, Anney's our love child.

L. Live: Good ole Rock Hill, SC (for those unfamiliar, it's pronounced "Rawk Heel" and it ranks pretty close up there to NYC and LA as far as entertainment/things to do...) Of course when I say "pretty close" I mean complete total opposite.



Someone, please purchase this for me in every color, size S please. You'd make my life.

M. Mom's name: Lebo, Leebs, Leemart, Madgie (aka Leigh)

N. Nicknames: I (as you may have already noticed) have nicknames for everyone. Mine? Kris, Kriech, Triech, Twitch, Cabby, Nitsirk, Krissypoo

O. Operations? None! Knock on wood!!
P. Pets: You've already been formally introduced to my beloved Anney
BUT I'm also mama to Lilly (Willy, Reel, Lillerbug) a lop-eared, sweet little thang the hubs gave me for Easter 2 years ago.


Warning- I appear sweet and super cute, but I'll take that pretty little finger off in one bite.

Q. Quote: "If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it."

R. Righty or Lefty: That's a toughy... see my parents totally screwed me. I *think* I was born to be a lefty but when learning to write, they cruely forced to write with my right hand. I do everything else a lefty... Thanks Mom! :)

S. Siblings: 2 sissies; one older (Furnace, 26) okay.. her legal name's Jennifer and one younger (Melissa, 20...almost 21 eeep!) and of course, ole Nadean herself.


OKI beach pic, circa 2008
From L-R Melissa, Moi, Jen

Sister #3: Gabber Dean
T. Time you wake up: MWF- 5:01am; TTh- 6:01am (gotta get that extra minute!) S,S- depends

U. Underwear: Every day wear: Thong Work out: Granny's

V. Vegetables you dislike: See, I'm one of those weird birds that actually loves my veggies. Mama musta raised me right! I think all veggies can be good, some just need a little more lovin' to be edible; but most are pretty tastey. My fave? Sweet potato x 100000

W. What makes you run late: Not being able to find my keys... this has got to stop! I'm usually pretty anal about getting somewhere on time and get anxiety if I'm running late! I'd rather sit in the car and wait for 10 mins than be rushing to get there. Someone once told me "If you're on time, you're late" and that always kinda stuck.

X. X-rays: on my ankle with I was 5 and on my back in January (minor lower back injury when my parachute didn't open while skydiving, no big deal... I kid, I kid) it was a work-out related injury that I've (fingers crossed) fully recovered from.

Y. Yummy food you make: I like to think I'm a "Cook in Progress" ha! My sweet hubby chokes down my food without complaint... but, he does claim to love my tacos (though, this is practically the most fool-proof food on Earth and even then? He's probably just being sweet about it). I didn't pick up on those genes like Furny. (Or maybe I was too busy practicing back hand springs and handstands while the cooking lessons took place).

Z. Zoo- favorite animal: I love the monkeys! They kind of fascinate me; how smart and human-like they are... and plus, if I were ever trapped with a monkey for the rest of my life, we could definately be bff's with our shared passion for bananas.

The monkeys from when the hubs and I went to the Columbia Zoo...I said I was the one on the left and he was the one on the right that peed itself...

Although... these guys are pretty cute too....




So, there ya have it! The life of Kristin Elizabeth Hinton written out in the ABC's for the world to see. I've probably lost most of you in this century-long post. But, if not... I'm thrilled! (seriously.) Come back for more... I can't promise you'll read anything of any remote importance, but ya never know! :)

And just because I wanna... Here's a couple pics of my and my hottie on our wedding day:



...And here's what we really look like:


Have a great weekend... and while you're at it, do a little rain dance for me! (I'm running my VERY FIRST half marathon in the morning... and they're calling for 90% chance of strong thunderstorms/wind) Perfect running weather if I've ever heard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...